Volunteering at RSR
Ready Set Ride volunteers are an integral part of the therapy sessions.
We make every effort to ensure each volunteer is welcomed and allowed to expand their interests. If you love horses, kids, or just want to be outside a bit more, this is the perfect opportunity for you! Barn chores can be a workout like no other, working with horses can be a hands-on class in animal behavior and working with our special needs riders is a life-changing experience.
Volunteers must be at least 14 years of age, and no prior equine experience is required. Volunteering can be done individually or in groups. Adult volunteers are especially in need.
One of the main things to remember about becoming a volunteer at Ready Set Ride is consistency. Our riders love consistency because they form bonds with our volunteers. Our horses love consistency because they get to know you and feel comfortable with you. Because of this volunteers who are consistent will get priority for side-walking and other exciting opportunities that aren't always available! Being early, not just on time and letting go of your everyday will allow you to experience the program, learn and truly make a difference!
Meet Some of our Volunteers
EVERY person who has helped RSR becomes a part of our family. Whether it was just for one afternoon as part of a group or for 5 years during the summer, we want you to know that our organization depends on you and ALL the work you do!
Volunteering for 4 years
"When I started volunteering I came for the horses, but the reason I stayed is because there is no better feeling in the world than seeing a child with special needs truly happy. "
Volunteering for 5 years
"I love working with the horses, riders and their families. I also love giving rides on the gator and Scooter is my favorite horse! "
Volunteering for 3 months
"I love volunteering at RSR because I get to help take care of horses that are serving a great purpose and bringing joy and healing to so many children."
Volunteering for 4 years
"I love RSR because seeing how happy it makes the riders is such a one-of-a-kind feeling that fills you with joy, and best of all it allowed me to make some amazing close friends that filled my time there with irreplaceable memories!"
Volunteering for 4 years
"I love Ready Set Ride because every time I go, there is always something positive happening and something new to learn."
Want to become part of RSR?
We want you to be part of our team and all that we do! Whether you have lots of experience working with children with special needs or horses or no experience at all, you can still be a part of all that we do. Follow these 3 easy steps to become a RSR volunteer making the difference in the lives of so many!
- Schedule a time to come in and tour our facility to see if it's right for you! We want this experience to work for YOU as much as we need it to work for us. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download the Volunteer Form, print it out, fill it out and bring it with you to the barn when you come for a tour.
- Read over our Volunteer FAQ's and Volunteer Manual before you come. Get a head start and check out our RSR training videos as well!
Once you've filled out your application and signed up for a tour you can then take part in one of our volunteer training sessions. Always check back for updates on when the next one is!
2018 TRAINING SESSION DATES
- Saturday March 3rd: 3pm-6pm Side Walker Training
- Saturday March 17th: 3pm-6pm Leader Training
- Sunday March 18th: 10am-1pm Side Walker Training
SPECIAL EVENT: Monday March 19th (Tentatively March 20th) Dr. Laura will be coming to do veterinary care for our therapy horses including spring shots, teeth cleaning and more. This is a volunteer opportunity to help Lisa move horses stall to stall, keeping hay out of stalls where horses come out of sedation and grooming!
Stay tuned for our next training date to be posted!
In order to sign-up for sessions and make sure you can communicate with our volunteer coordinator and instructors please sign-up to be on our REMIND group. It's an app that a lot of schools use as well so you might already have it!
- IF you already have the application just add a class code!
@rsrmon, @rsrtues, @rsrweds, @rsrthursd,
@rsrsun (please specify which shift, 9-12 or 12-3)
FOR GENERAL INFORMATION USE THE CODE @rsrvol
- IF you DO NOT have the application, use the button on the right for the Remind App Login and follow the instructions to sign-up then add the class code from above that you'd like to be a part of. Make sure to add the general code as well! If you need help, just e-mail us at email@example.com.
READY SET RIDE APPAREL
Need to get some Ready Set Ride apparel to wear??? That's easy! We have two different companies that make items for us and part of the proceeds come back to the barn!
Want to Volunteer as a Group?
Groups are just as important as individual volunteers! We always have things to do around the barn for your NHS group, Key Club, Church or Business.
- E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of how many people are in your group, what you're looking to do and availability.
- Download the Group Form and have each individual participating fill it out and bring it with you to the barn when you come for your day.